With a history of more than 2,000 years, Guangzhou is the capital of Guangdong province and the most populous city of this jurisdiction, found on the Pearl River as a major terminus point of the maritime Silk Road. The business in Guangzhou Coastal Development Area is mostly related to the fact that the province is one of the major city ports in China with worldwide connections and home to a multitude of domestic and international companies. If you want to be one of the investors who own a company in Guangzhou Coastal Development Area, you may address to our team of company formation specialists in China and ask for complete support and assistance.
Table of Contents
Why is Guangzhou an appealing business destination for foreigners?
Guangzhou is considered to have one of the most expensive real estate sectors in China and it is ranked as an Alpha Global City and it has been categorized as the best commercial city in China by Forbes for three consecutive years. In terms of business, Guangzhou is the main manufacturing hub found on the Pearl River Delta where international investors generate huge profits. The following numbers and statistics reveal the importance of Guangzhou Coastal Development Area:
- Approximately $347 billion represent the GPD of Guangzhou in 2018.
- An economic growth of 6.5% was registered for Guangzhou last year.
- There are more than 50,000 companies registered in Guangzhou activating in different sectors.
- There are more than 100 million tourists registered each year in Guangzhou.
The registration of companies in Guangzhou Coastal Development Area has been simplified in recent years, and the wholly foreign-owned enterprise or WFOE in China is the preferred business form in this province due to its numerous benefits among other aspects. If you want to register a WFOE in China, we invite you to talk to our team of company formation agents in China and find out more about how you can start a business in Guangzhou.
The industry in Guangzhou – What is the proper sector for my business?
Guangzhou is home to large companies from abroad that activate in most of the important industries. Here are the main development zones you can choose for business in Guangzhou:
- Guangzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone – it was established in 1984 and was the first national economic development zone in China. Beverages, chemical materials, electronic equipment, electric machinery, metallurgy, and foodstuff are the main industries.
- Guangzhou Nansha Export Processing Zone was established in 2005 and it is home to companies activating in the heavy industry, biotechnology, and automobile assembly.
- Guangzhou Free Trade Zone is the proper business destination for companies activating in logistics, international trade, computer software, and product processing.
- Guangzhou Science City directs to companies with operations in the IT and R&D sectors.
If you would like to open a company in China and especially in Guangzhou Coastal Development Area, you can decide on opening a WFOE in China, in order to have complete ownership in the company and to benefit from tax incentives and other business encouragements. The registration of a company in China is not complicated and it starts with a verification of the chosen business name. Instead of dealing with misunderstandings in matters of language and registration, you can get in touch with our team of company formation representatives in China.
Why choose Guangzhou for company formation
The transportation system in Guangzhou is highly developed and sustains the business in a large percent. Guangzhou is connected by railway to all major cities in China, like Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, Shantou, Henan, Shandong, Jiangsu, Fujian, Sichuan, Yunnan and many more. In addition, the water and air transportation help international investors decide for business in Guangzhou and connect better with worldwide customers and collaborators. Being one of the largest provinces in China, the tourism sector is quite appealing for entrepreneurs from abroad, so there are numerous tour operators thriving in this part of China. The chemical industry, logistics, transportation, IT, agriculture and fishery are also top industries where businesses can develop and generate important profits.
If you would like to start a business in Guangzhou Coastal Development Area and you need support and assistance in this direction, you are invited to contact our team of company formation representatives in China at any time. They can help you register a company in China and provide support throughout the entire incorporation process.