If you would like to start your activities in the tourism sector in China, a travel agency might be the proper business start for you, as a foreign entrepreneur. It is good to know that a WFOE (wholly foreign-owned enterprise) in China is the suitable business structure for such activities, once the approval from the China National Tourism Administration is granted. Our company formation agents in China are at your services for information and assistance in opening a travel agency in China.
Table of Contents
What type of activities can I run with a travel agency in China?
Domestic and foreign entrepreneurs have three types of operations available for a travel agency can develop and implement on the market, as follows:
- inbound tourism for foreigners who want to travel within the territory of China;
- domestic tourism with activities that address to nationals who are interested in local travels;
- outbound tourism with activities involving nationals and foreigners willing to travel outside China.
All of the activities mentioned above can be performed by a travel agency in China, a company which can be controlled by both national or foreign entrepreneurs.
How can I set up a travel agency in China?
The following requirements are part of the travel agency registration in China, a procedure which can be assisted by our team of company incorporation agents in China:
- a registered capital of RMB 300,000 is a mandatory condition before opening the travel agency;
- a fixed business place and the related facilities (phone, fax, internet) need to be considered before the registration;
- the registration for taxes in China needs to be done as soon as the incorporation certificate is obtained;
- company owners need to register the employees (if any) for social contributions.
Institutions in charge of travel agencies in China
China National Tourism Administration and the State Council of the People’s Republic of China oversee the operations of travel agencies in China, whether incorporated by foreigners or domestic entrepreneurs. The liabilities and the rights of travel agencies and tourists on the Chinese market are protected by the authorities of the above-mentioned institutions in China.
If you would like to know more about how to open a travel agency in China, please feel free to contact our team of company formation specialists in China.