We use cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

Open a Travel Agency in China

Open a Travel Agency in China

If you would like to start your activities in the tourism sector in China, a travel agency might be the proper business start for you, as a foreign entrepreneur. It is good to know that a WFOE (wholly foreign-owned enterprise) in China is the suitable business structure for such activities, once the approval from the China National Tourism Administration is granted. Our company formation agents in China are at your services for information and assistance in opening a travel agency in China.

What type of activities can I run with a travel agency in China?

Domestic and foreign entrepreneurs have three types of operations available for a travel agency can develop and implement on the market, as follows:

  • inbound tourism for foreigners who want to travel within the territory of China;
  • domestic tourism with activities that address to nationals who are interested in local travel;
  • outbound tourism with activities involving nationals and foreigners willing to travel outside China.

All of the activities mentioned above can be performed by a travel agency in China, a company that can be controlled by both national and foreign entrepreneurs.

If you plan to start a company in China, you can collaborate with one of our local agents who have the necessary experience to handle the required formalities. Preparing the necessary documents, opening a bank account, and registering for VAT payment are among the requirements to take into account when setting up a business. Also, where needed, we will help you apply for a business trade license.

How can I set up a travel agency in China?

The following requirements are part of the travel agency registration in China, a procedure which can be assisted by our team of company incorporation agents in China:

  • registered capital of RMB 300,000 is a mandatory condition before opening the travel agency;
  • a fixed business place and the related facilities (phone, fax, internet) need to be considered before the registration;
  • the registration for taxes in China needs to be done as soon as the incorporation certificate is obtained;
  • company owners need to register the employees (if any) for social contributions.

Institutions in charge of travel agencies in China

China National Tourism Administration and the State Council of the People’s Republic of China oversee the operations of travel agencies in China, whether incorporated by foreigners or domestic entrepreneurs. The liabilities and the rights of travel agencies and tourists on the Chinese market are protected by the authorities of the above-mentioned institutions in China.

If you are looking for a team of accountants in China, we recommend you contact our specialists. We are at your disposal with all the necessary support and payroll services, bookkeeping, annual financial statements, audits, tax registration, and many more. You will also be able to opt for risk assessment and evaluation, and investment consultancy if you are a high-net-worth individual. Contact us today to discover our services at advantageous prices.

If you would like to know more about how to open a travel agency in China, please feel free to contact our team of company formation specialists in China.